On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 3:49 PM, gaiarrido <gaiarr...@usal.es> wrote:

> Thanks very much,
> and...Which do you recommend?

I am using emacs + ESS - but as you have mentioned "options", I assume you
would like to e.g. manage package installation from the GUI - which you can
do with both mentioned GUIs.

Which one I recommend? I have used rkward briefly and thought it is very
nice, but I haven't hused RStudio, but it get's really good reviews (and it
looks nice) - so probably start with RStudio, seems to be easier when coming
from Windows, but it absolutely depends on your taste - try them out.

Concerning Eclipse and StatET: also nice, but more for writing scripts (if I
remember correctly - same as with ESS), and not that much the "R admin" as
installation of packages. But seriously: take a day and look at R from the
command line - it will be much easier and you have many more options, and
then use Eclipse or ESS.

Cheers,

Rainer

> -----
> Mario Garrido Escudero
> PhD student
> Dpto. de Biología Animal, Ecología, Parasitología, Edafología y Qca.
> Agrícola
> Universidad de Salamanca

UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)

Stellenbosch University