On Jul 31, 2011, at 11:51 AM, Ista Zahn wrote:

Hi Michael,
The easiest thing to do is just install the source package with

install.packages("p3d", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org";, type = "source")

You'll need install some prerequisite software first (if you've not
already done so). See
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.html#The-Windows-toolset

Is that always true? I thought that one could install pure-R packages from source without the toolset. Just asking, I'm not windozing, this year anyway.

--
David.

Best,
Ista