Hi

although the background is that it happened on an hpc cluster, this question
does *not* concern hpc computing with R.

I was using R on a cluster and had to install several packages in my home
directory. Now the head node was migrated to new hardware (new install as
well) and many dependencies for my in $HOME installed packages, which were
present on the old head, are missing on the new head. Now I could simply try
to run my script, wait for the error message, mail the administrator to
install the package, try again, ... . But this is a tedious process - and I
can not go to him directly, as I am sitting opn a different continent.

So my question: is there an easy way (like ldd for programs), to identify
the dependencies which are not met, and how could I use that on the
packages?

Thanks,

Rainer

UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)