I don't know lme models very well, but if you have standard errors for your
values, this shouldn't be too hard (as a last resort) using polygon()

For example

x = 1:10
y = x^2
y.Err = 2*x
y.Up = y + y.Err; y.Dn =y-y.Err

# This graph is actually quite ugly so don't copy the formatting....
plot(x,y,type="n")
polygon(c(x,rev(x)),c(y.Up,rev(y.Dn)),col="grey",border="red")
# Use the rev commands so the border moves logically around the shaded area
lines(x,y,type="b",lwd=3) # put the means back on top of the polygon

Still, this is a little brute force and I'd imagine that someone else will
shortly let you know how R can already do automatically.

Michael Weylandt