Well, I guess when I read that "require is designed for use inside other
functions..." I wasn't sure if that meant there might be times when it would be
better to use library when not inside other functions.  But maybe it was more
generally a question about style, prompted by a post responding to the common
confusion between the terms 'package' and 'library' amongst those new to R.  To
me, it always seemed more natural type require(my.package) than
library(my.package).  I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something
that might make me regret that choice.

Dan

Daniel J. Nordlund
Planning, Performance, and Accountability
Research and Data Analysis Division
Olympia, WA 98504-5204