At 10:31 AM +0200 8/18/11, Petr PIKAL wrote:
Hi

 look into the *apply series of functions. In your case

 apply(name.of.your.data.frame,2,min)

 or

 apply(name.of.your.data.frame,2,max)

 will do. You can also put any summary function to your liking instead of
 min/max.

And summary has its own data frame method so simply

summary(name.of.your.data.frame)

There is also fivenum function and more elaborated describe in Hmisc I
believe :-)

There are at least 3 different describe functions, all useful, but with somewhat different output

describe (psych)
describe (Hmisc)
describe (prettyR)

One of these will probably do just what you want.

Bill

Regards
Petr

 Best,