On 19.08.2011 18:40, Jason Paul Joines wrote:
I have a plot created with strat.plot() from package rioja. When the
plot is created with scale.percent=FALSE, each x axes is labeled at 0
and its maximum. However, when scale.percent=TRUE, the x axes are not
labeled. I need to use scale.percent=TRUE and I need labels for the x axes.

I have been able to add labels to the x axes with mtext but it is very
tedious to find the correct position. Is there a better way to do this
or a better way to find the desired coordinates than trial and error?

Yes: You can change the code and suggest your improvements to the package maintainer, for example. The relevant line in that function obviously is:

axis(side = 1, at = seq(0, colM[i], by = 10), labels = FALSE)

Uwe Ligges

Jason