Cleaning up some old messages, I found this one....

On 02.08.2011 14:51, adarwish wrote:
Rattle won't install properly on my Windows 7 64 bit laptop.

Here is what I've tried:

I've followed the instructions here:
http://rattle.togaware.com/rattle-install-mswindows.html
I had R installed already.
I downloaded the GTK+ packages, unzipped the 32 bit one into c:\gtkwin32.

See  the repository's ReadMe in
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.13/ReadMe
that tells you:

- Package RGtk2 requires an an installation of Gtk+ aka Gtk2 >= 2.20.
  For 32-bit R, version 2.20 or later from
    http://www.gtk.org/download/win32.php, e.g.

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/gtk+/2.22/gtk+-bundle_2.22.0-20101016_win32.zip
  For 64-bit R, version 2.20 or later from
    http://www.gtk.org/download/win64.php, e.g.

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win64/gtk+/2.22/gtk+-bundle_2.22.0-20101016_win64.zip
  In each case, unpack the zip file in a suitable empty directory and
    put the 'bin' directory in your path.  NB: the 32-bit and 64-bit
    distributions contain DLLs of the same names, and so you must ensure
    that you have the 32-bit version in your path when running 32-bit R
    and the 64-bit version when running 64-bit R - and the error
    messages you get with the wrong version are confusing.

I put c:\gtkwin32\bin in the system variables PATH.

I launched R, installed the rattle package, called the rattle library,
called rattle().

It told me RGtk2 could not be found and asked to install it.  I let it
download it to install, but still nothing.

Restarting/resintalling R has not helped.  And when I try
"remove.packages(rattle)" I get the error:

Removing package(s) from ‘C:/Users/darwish/Documents/R/win-library/2.13’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
Error in match(x, table, nomatch = 0L) :
   'match' requires vector arguments

The package name has to be quotes (i.e. specified as character rather than symbol).

Uwe Ligges

I've restarted R before trying anything multiple times.

From what I understand, I need to clean everything off and start anew.  How
do I remove rattle so I can start fresh?  What did I do wrong in my steps?

Thanks in advance.