On 08/25/2011 08:27 AM, carol white wrote:
Hello,
TO update R under Ubuntu on my macchine, I downloaded R-2.13.1. When running
./configure, I got the following error message:

checking for X... no
configure: error: --with-x=yes (default) and X11 headers/libs are not available

But I could use X11() function in R-2-10. So where does the problem come from?

Cheers,

Carol

It looks like you're compiling from source and your system does not have the header files required installed. Did you compile your previous version or use a pre-built (binary) package? A binary package would not require the headers.

I don't use Ubuntu, so I don't know what the name of packages you need for the headers. Typically the packages have the devel versions separate, you you need those.

--
Kevin E. Thorpe
Biostatistician/Trialist,  Applied Health Research Centre (AHRC)