I have a data frame 'tmp' and a vector 'name' containing 'd2'.
I want to save 'tmp' under the name hidden in 'name', and the file must have
the same name, plus the extension '.rda'.
So I try

> tmp
 x y
1 1 3
2 2 4
> name
[1] "d2"
> assign(name, tmp)
> summary(get(name))
      x              y
Min.   :1.00   Min.   :3.00
1st Qu.:1.25   1st Qu.:3.25
Median :1.50   Median :3.50
Mean   :1.50   Mean   :3.50
3rd Qu.:1.75   3rd Qu.:3.75
Max.   :2.00   Max.   :4.00
> save(get(name), file = paste(name, "rda", sep = "."))
Error in save(get(name), file = paste(name, "rda", sep = ".")) :
 object ‘get(name)’ not found
I can't figure out where I 'get' it wrong.

In real life I have a bunch of text files named like 'd1.txt', ...,
'd100.txt'.
I want to convert all of them to R data files, with one data frame in each
named d1, ..., d100.

Any suggestion is much appreciated!
--
Göran Broström