Hi Kensuguro,

I would try the Royal Statistical Society, based in London. They have a
range of courses from relatively basic through to graduate level, all of
which are based on distance learning. However, what they also have now are
modularised programmes, which might be ideal for you, as you are able to
select those areas in which you are particularly interested.

Good Luck!

Mike Griffiths

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 5:49 PM, kensuguro <magronb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I understand this isn't a r specific question.  I'm switching departments
> work with the analytics team at my company as a "service" side manager to
> better incorporate the analytics process into product design / production.
> We're an online gaming company.
>
> As I'm going through tools like R, rapidminer, tableau, I was also thinking
> that I should get some formal training in statistics, since my formal
> background is in media arts - it's quite a jump..  I was wondering if there
> was a single go to place for online courses for statistics.  I've checked
> out statistics.com and have found a bunch of online courses from various
> universities, but it's very difficult to find info about how the courses
> are
> different from each other, which ones aren't worth it, etc..
>
> I'd greatly appreciate any advice.  I apologize in advance if asking here
> was inappropriate.

*Michael Griffiths, Ph.D
*Statistician

*Upstream Systems