Perhaps the problem could be solved by playing with the pointsize argument
to CairoSVG or the various plotting parameters of hist().

More generally, this code:

R> library(CairoSVG)
R> CairoSVG()
R> hist(rpois(500,3))
R> dev.off()

produced an entirely acceptable SVG image on my computer so I can't
replicate the problem...

As a general life question, why in a question about SVG files would you send
us a PNG screenshot rather than the SVG itself? Can SVG's not be sent over
the mailing list?

Michael