Em 9/9/2011 14:32, array chip escreveu:
Thanks all again for the suggestions. I agree with Wolfgang that
mcnemar.test() is what I am looking for. The accuracy is the
proportion of correct diagnosis compared to a gold standard, and I am
interested in which diagnosis test is better, not particular
interested in assessing the agreement between the 2 tests.

John,

Since you mention you already have the comparison of each test against the golden standard, perhaps the measures obtainable from the confusion matrix for especifity, sensitivity, etc. won't help you to ascertain in a more complete way?

If you're interested, get a look at epi.tests() in package epiR or diagnosis() in package DiagnosisMed.

--
Cesar Rabak