i responded offline the first time, but:

google is your friend:  search for R maps and you'll find what I mention
below.

In the future make sure to perform a thorough search of google and the help
forums before you post

That said... you're looking for the maps package

install.packages('maps')
map('italy')

ggplot2 package has a function called map_data that extracts the lines if
you want the actual data, see the example hadley provided ?ggplot2::map_data

hope that helps,

Justin