That still discards the other data columns.  For example, in the data frame

V1 V2 V3 V4
1  1  1  NA 1
2  1 NA  1  1
3  1 NA  1  1
4  1  1    1  1
5  1  1    1  1

Suppose I was running a regression using V1 and V2.  R will remove rows 2
and 3 due to the "NA."  I would like a way to look at only the observations
used for the regression, the data frame:

V1 V2 V3 V4
1  1  1  NA 1
4  1  1    1  1
5  1  1    1  1

If I run na.omit(subset(dataframe, select= c(V1,V2)) it returns

V1 V2
1  1  1
4  1  1
5  1  1

Sorry for being unclear the previous time.

Justin