On 22.09.2011 14:47, Andrey A wrote:
Dear R users
How does one completely uninstall R from their machine? Going to control
panel>programs does not do it for me. After installing the new version it
will still remember my previous workspace and all packages I've installed.

This seems to be Windows?

remove.packages() removes packages. You found the way to uninstall the part that got installed, The uninstaller won't install stuff you installed independently (such as packages, additional config files). The workspace is just a file called ".RData" in your working directory. Since it is user data, the user has to delete it himself. If you uninstall MS Word, it also won't remove all your .doc / .docx files - at least I hope so.

Uwe Ligges

Thank you.