Hello everyone

I have manually compiled directory of gstat in a particular folder of my
Unix system.
I want to install this and am unable to use either of the following two
commands

1. R CMD INSTALL
2. Install.packages

I do not understand how to coax above commands to locate the directory that
i have
compiled.

Please understand that i have solved a number of related issues concerning
this
installation and it is a special case where

1. I cannot use CRAN mirror to download and install
2. Install from TAR file

Essentially this is the only option i have.

Thank you

Sandeep