Hi Bert,

The real situation is like what you suggested, user x group interactions.
The users can be in more than one group.
In fact, the data that I am trying to analyse constitute of users, online
forums as groups and the attribute under measure is the number of posts made
by each user in a particular forum.

My hypothesis is that the number of posts a user makes to a forum is
dependent on the forum. For example if the user is in a forum that is active
he contributes more compared to when he is in a forum that is less active. I
guess there will be some users who contribute the same irrespective of the
forum.

I hope this makes sense.

Regards
Gawesh