The p-value as I understand it, is the probability of seeing a phenomenon at
least as extreme as the one which you observed assuming the null hypothesis
is true. In other words, if you assume there is no difference (which is the
NULL for you here I believe), and there is an 81% chance of seeing data as
you saw it: than that's not so exciting after all.
Hope that was helpful,
    Ken Hutchison