Hi,

I am trying to create a googleVis motion chart with monthly data.  When
formatting the date column as a Date class variable, the plot as presented in
the browser becomes considerably slower and very prone to crashing the browser.
 To illustrate this issue I have modified the WorldBank demo.

### objects from demo("WorldBank", package = "googleVis")
M <- gvisMotionChart(subData, idvar="country.name", timevar="year",
options=list(width=700, height=600))
plot(M)

This works fine and I can smoothly move back and forth between the scatter
plots and the line plots.

## here I express the date as a Date class object - arbibrarily assigning each
year to June 1st.

subData$year2 <- as.Date(ISOdate(subData$year, 6, 1 ))

M2 <- gvisMotionChart(subData, idvar="country.name", timevar="year2",
options=list(width=700, height=600))
plot(M2)

Using Chrome,  this plot is very slow to load and it appears when pressing play
that the date field fills in each day of the year.
Trying to go back and fourth between the line plot and the scatter plot will
crash the browser.

Is there a better way to express monthly data?  I have tried converting it to a
numeric in the form of yyyymmdd or yyyymm, but this didn't work?
I am also wondering. is the best place to post a question about googleVis?  I
notice threads on stackoverflow and other places.

Thanks,

Matt