I believe that the explanation is:

Axes, including tick labels, appear only on the "edges" of the trellis
array, which in your case would be at the bottom of the 4th row. However,
on the second page there is no 4th row, and lattice is not smart enough to
put them instead at the bottom of the second.

See the "scales" argument of xyplot, especially the "alternating"
component, for how you can gain finer control to deal with your situation.

Note: I would appreciate correction if I'm wrong about this.

-- Bert

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 5:23 PM, Evans, David G (DFG) <david.ev...@alaska.gov

--

Bert Gunter