Hi,

Did you program in SAS previously? :)

You don't really want data.frame but a named list (note that data frames
are lists but for columns).

mypars <- as.list(value)
names(mypars) <- param
mypars$max_pct

If you really want to use data.frame you can assign rownames and access
parameters through:

datapars <- data.frame(value=value)
rownames(datapars) <- param
datapars["max_pct","value"]

But this really seems more complicated way ins't it?

HTH

Eric

On 4 November 2011 07:24, Aher <ajit.a...@cedar-consulting.com> wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I want to read several parameters from data frame and load them as object
> into R session, Is there any package or function in R for this??
>
> Here is example
>
> param <-c("clust_num", "minsamp_size", "maxsamp_size", "min_pct",
> "max_pct")
> value <-c(15, 20000, 200000, 0.001, .999)
> data <- data.frame ( cbind(param , value))
> data
>         param       value
> 1    clust_num     15
> 2 minsamp_size    20000
> 3 maxsamp_size   2e+05
> 4      min_pct      0.001
> 5      max_pct     0.999
>
> My data contains many such parameters, I need to read each parameter and
> its
> value from the data and load it as objects  in R session as below:
>
> clust_num  <-   15
> minsamp_size  <-20000
> maxsamp_size <-2e+05
> min_pct <-0.001
> max_pct <-0.999
>
> The way right now I am doing it is as creating as many variables as
> parameters in the data frame and one observation for value of each
> parameter.
> example:
> clust_num       minsamp_size    maxsamp_size    min_pct max_pct
> 15      20000   200000  0.001   0.999
>
> data$ clust_num  , data$minsamp_size,  .....
>
> Is there any better way for doing this?

Eric Lecoutre
Consultant - Business & Decision
Business Intelligence & Customer Intelligence