For all those that are interested.

To adjust the number of reps in the stat_summary() "mean_cl_boot" function
simply specify "B" to the number of bootstrap resamples. I set B to 2000
resamplings below.

stat_summary(fun.data="mean_cl_boot", geom="errorbar",width=0.1,colour =
"red", B=2000 )

If you run "mean_cl_boot" within stat_summary() and ggplot setting "reps=T"
does not appear to return a vector of the resampled means as an attribute
that I could locate anywhere.

However, you can run "smean.cl.boot" code outside of ggplot.

x<-smean.cl.boot(OsmData$Mean, B=2000, reps=T)
attr(x,"reps")

Thus, outside of ggplot you can use reps=T to check the resampling is
proceeding as you expect, before adding it to the ggplot code. I did some
checks setting B=1 and B=5  as well as large numbers both inside and
outside of the ggplot code to assure myself that my adjustments to B within
stat_summary() within ggplot were actually doing what I thought.

Finally, despite the fact that the Hmisc function is called
"smean.cl.boot", as David points out, within ggplot and stat_summary you
must use "mean_cl_boot" without the "s" before "mean".

Within ggplot "mean_cl_boot" is the correct notation and it does work.

I really like ggplot, but can agree that it isn't always clear how to get
from point A to point B. My hope in writing this out is that someone else
might start their own exploration of these issues a little further down the
road than I found myself when I started looking into this.

Thanks,
Nate