From: r-help-boun...@r-project.org [mailto:r-help-boun...@r-project.org] On
Behalf Of mms...@comcast.net
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2011 10:50 PM
To: r-h...@stat.math.ethz.ch
Subject: [R] drawing ellipses in R

Hello,

I have been following the thread dated Monday, October 9, 2006 when Kamila
Naxerova asked a question about plotting elliptical shapes. Can you explain the
equations for X and Y. I believe they used the parametric form of x and y (x=r
cos(theta), y=r sin(theta). I don't know what r is here ? Can you explain 1)the
origin of these equations and 2) what is r?

Sincerely,
Mary A. Marion