Hi Ravi,

You would probably get more answers to this if you posted to the list r-sig-geo. The following course was advertised a week ago and might match your needs:
http://www.itc.nl/personal/rossiter/teach/degeostats.html
You might also find the videos from this years' GEOSTAT course in Landau interesting:
http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=GEOSTAT%20Landau

Cheers,
Jon