Yes .... But checking the Help I just learned that from R2.14.0 (I presume):

ask    logical. If TRUE (and the R session is interactive) the user is
asked for input, before a new figure is drawn. As this applies to the
device, it also affects output by packages grid and lattice. It can be
set even on non-screen devices but may have no effect there.

***    This not really a graphics parameter, and its use is deprecated
in favour of devAskNewPage. ***

-- Bert

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 4:39 AM, Jim Holtman <jholt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I thing it is
>
> par(ask = TRUE)
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Nov 24, 2011, at 7:28, Jabez Wilson <jabez...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I'd like to "step" through 24 histograms by using the return or click button
>> option, as shown in the demo(graphics) demonstration. I've searched for
>> "interactive graphics", and "waiting for page change" in R documentation but
>> with no result. I'm sure that this is a relatively straightforward
>> procedure. Can anyone point me to the correct solution?
>>
>> Jabez
>>    [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Bert Gunter
Genentech Nonclinical Biostatistics