On Dec 11, 2011, at 6:38 PM, john james wrote:

Dear R Users,

Please I have the following query. I want to label one of the axes of my graph with the follwing latex expression- \beta^{\prime}x, i.e I have the transpose of beta. How do I go abt this.

My second query is similar but it has to do with the conditioning symbol. The other axis is to be labelled as Y|X + \beta^{\prime}x.

?plotmath

plot(1,1, xlab=expression(beta^"`"*X), ylab=expression(Y*"|"*X +beta^"`"*X) )

(Unfortunately the prime on the y lab is noe on the printed page in my device ( mac). so this hack seems to work better)

plot(1,1, xlab=expression(beta^"'"*X), ylab=expression(over(phantom(""), Y*"|"*X+beta^"'"*X) ))

Thank you very much as I await assistance on this.

John

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT