"\"" is how its displayed on the screen.  however, if you write your object
to a csv it will be correct.  r cant display """ as it is so it is escaping
the second double quote for you

however, "'" (double quote single quote double quote) does display
correctly as well as save correctly.

If that doesn't answer your question, some more back story on what you're
trying to do would help.

Justin