Hi all,

I am trying to detect association between a covariate and a disease outcome
using R. This covariate shows time-varying effect, I add a time-covariate
interaction item to build Cox model as follows:
COX <-
coxph(as.formula("Surv(TIME,outcome)~eGFR_BASE+eGFR_BASE:TIME"),ori.data);

                                              coef   exp(coef)   e(coef)
z   p
eGFR_BASE                 6.40     603.5133     0.3702    17.3   0
eGFR_BASE:TIME -3.41      0.0329     0.0772   -44.2   0

But the result seems very different from that got by SPSS:

                                                    B                   SE
Wald        df          Sig.        Exp(B)
eGFR_BASE                       -13.603   .548    616.007          1
.000       .000
T_COV_*eGFR_BASE        .860    .115      55.859        1         .000
2.362

so my questions are :
1, Is it correct to deal with time dependent covariate in Cox regression using
R? if not, how to do it ?
2, How T_COV_ was calculated in SPSS, and is it the same with the survival time?

Many thanks.
GZ