On 12/28/2011 1:17 PM, David Winsemius wrote:
Along those lines, Thompson's "R accompaniment" to Agresti's text on
"Categorical Data Analysis" is simply wonderful:

https://home.comcast.net/~lthompson221/SplusDiscrete.PDF

It's not surprising that Agresti recommends it on the book's homepage:
http://www.stat.ufl.edu/~aa/cda/cda.html

However, I suspect the OP might be better off with Agresti's "An
Introduction to Categorical Data Analysis (2nd ed. 2007)". So perhaps
following the link on Agresti's page to the linked and  website could be
a first visit for worked R code examples. But when I followed that link
I didn't find much that seemed appropriate for a beginner in R. Maybe
looking at Friendly's website which was in the links at Bilder's site:

http://www.datavis.ca/courses/grcat/

Actually, a better link is to my short course on Visualizing Categorical Data with SAS and R

http://www.datavis.ca/courses/VCD/