I'm trying to understand how to set graphical parameters for trees created with
the party package.  For example take the following code:

library(party)
    data(airquality)
    airq <- subset(airquality, !is.na(Ozone))
    airct <- ctree(Ozone ~ ., data = airq,
                   controls = ctree_control(maxsurrogate = 3))
    plot(airct)

My problem is, I've got a ctree that has 14 terminal nodes, and as a result of
the default graphical paramters of plot(ctree), all of the text is completely
undreadable (decison node text is too large and as a result, these
nodes overlap one another, terminal node barplot text overlaps hideously).
What I would like to do is learn how to customize the elements of these
plots.  For the text, I have tried par(cex=.4, cex.main=.4, cex.axis=.2,
cex.lab=.2)... to no avail.  As far as reducing the size of the node ovals, I'm
completely lost there...

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Chris