Now I install R 2.14.1 and I get:

packages 'qtbase', 'qtpaint' are not available (for R version 2.14.1)

Are you saying that the windows binaries are not available for *any* version
of R?

From: Tengfei Yin [mailto:yinteng...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 1:12 PM
To: David Winsemius
Cc: Kevin Burton; r-help@r-project.org
Subject: Re: [R] Interactive map graphics.

Hi Kevin,

I haven't watched through the video yet, but I guess It's not ggplot2, just
like David pointed out, it's actually using a different graphic engine,
implemented in packages qtbase/qtpaint, which are hosted on Biocondcutor, to
install them, please run

source("http://www.bioconductor.org/biocLite.R";)
    biocLite(c("qtbase", "qtpaint"))

Another project in development you probably are interested in trying for
same kind of qt-based interactive graphics called cranvas

https://github.com/ggobi/cranvas

HTH

Tengfei

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 12:57 PM, David Winsemius <dwinsem...@comcast.net>