Is there any way to use more than one color or shape in the same plot.  I would
like to make the points different colors for various levels of a variable.  I
have tried a simple 'if' statement in the plot command, but I get an error
message.  Here is what I have tried and the error message I get: > plot(test,
if(test[,1]<8) col="steelblue2" else col="wheat2")Error in xy.coords(x, y,
xlabel, ylabel, log) :   'x' and 'y' lengths differIn addition: Warning
message:In if (test[, 1] < 8) col = "steelblue2" else col = "wheat2" :  the
condition has length > 1 and only the first element will be usedI know 'x' and
'y' lenghths do NOT differ.  If I just do plot(test), it works perfectly.  Is
there any way to this?Thanks,Donna