Sorry if this is an FAQ, but I haven't found the answer (yet)...

I'm trying to plot each row of a simple numeric matrix in a separate
panel using the layout features of lattice, but can't make it work -
help would be appreciated!

Example:

 > m <- matrix(seq(1:20), nrow=4)

      [,1] [,2] [,3] [,4] [,5]
[1,]    1    5    9   13   17
[2,]    2    6   10   14   18
[3,]    3    7   11   15   19
[4,]    4    8   12   16   20

The following will plot one row in one box:

 > xyplot(m[1,] ~ seq(1:5))

but this gives all rows in the same box:

 > xyplot(m ~ seq(1:5))

Since there are no factors, how can I set conditioning variable to get
what I want, or is there a better way to do this?

Thanks in advance

Ron

Ron Bonner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]