On 11.02.2012 23:12, slbfelix wrote:
Hi All,

I have a question about R parallel computing by using snowfall.

How can I set the seeds on parallel workers to get the same result as
sequential mode?

For example:

sfSapply(c(1,1),rnorm)
[1]  1.823082 -2.222052
rnorm(2)
[1] -0.5179967 -1.0807196

How to get the identical result?

I don't think you easily can do it, since each node in a cluster has its own stream. Repoducing this on a different number of nodes would mean to jump around in the RNG stream whcih would be slow (and probably needs some programming work).

For a start, read ?RNG

Uwe Ligges

Thanks.
Libo Sun