On 17/02/2012 7:01 AM, David Cassany wrote:
Hi all,

I'm developing an R package and I'd like to load it easly while developing,
debugging and testing. I would like to load it without having to install
it. Installing it causes me some problems for debugging it, as the code
file it is executing it not the one I'm editing.

You can tell R to keep debugging information when it installs a package by setting the environment variable

R_KEEP_PKG_SOURCE=yes

or by a command line option to R CMD INSTALL (see the help via --help). It still won't be "the same code file" because it never is: but it will have references to it, and include formatting and comments.

I've seen the function sourceDirectory from R.utils package which works
quite fine for me, but would be just perfect to be able to load the package
as it would be installed (handling dependences, namespaces and all this
stuff).

As far as I know there's nothing intermediate between sourceDirectory and installing a package, other than setting options when installing that can skip parts of the operation.

Duncan Murdoch