Hi,
 I found some weird behavior of the function multhist in the plotrix package
and I would like to ask you about it:
so, it works well to put two histograms next to each other, but I don't
understand the breaksÂ…
so for example,
library(plotrix)
mh <- list(rnorm(200, mean=100, sd=10), rnorm(200, mean=100, sd=10))
multhist(mh)                                           #produces a plot with 12
bins
multhist(mh, breaks=2)                        #produces a plot with 2 bins, as
expected
multhist(mh, breaks=3)                         #produces a plot with 4 bins???
multhist(mh, breaks=4)                         #produces a plot with 4 bins
multhist(mh, breaks=7)                         #produces a plot with 6 bins???

etc. So odd number of breaks doesn't seem to work, and even more, some times it
does the lowest even number of bins (so if I put breaks=7 I will get 6 bins)
but other times it does the highest even number of bins (so if I put breaks=3 I
get 4 bins)

In addition, things become even worse when you try to add labels to the bins.

So, all this to say that I am trying to put two histograms side to side, and
put some correct number of bins and labelsÂ… does anyone have an idea of how to
do this?
thank you very much in advance