David thanks!

Maybe is better ''orginal'' example from raster package:

r <- raster(system.file("external/test.grd", package="raster"))
persp(r)
class(r)

It is not a problem to colour plot by z value in perspective plot (persp) in
package graphic - there is an example in help files:

par(bg = "white")
x <- seq(-1.95, 1.95, length = 30)
y <- seq(-1.95, 1.95, length = 35)
z <- outer(x, y, function(a,b) a*b^2)
nrz <- nrow(z)
ncz <- ncol(z)
# Create a function interpolating colors in the range of specified colors
jet.colors <- colorRampPalette( c("blue", "green") )
# Generate the desired number of colors from this palette
nbcol <- 100
color <- jet.colors(nbcol)
# Compute the z-value at the facet centres
zfacet <- z[-1, -1] + z[-1, -ncz] + z[-nrz, -1] + z[-nrz, -ncz]
# Recode facet z-values into color indices
facetcol <- cut(zfacet, nbcol)
persp(x, y, z, col=color[facetcol], phi=30, theta=-30)
par(op)

But question is how specify right sequences of colours (e.g. terrain.colors)
for RasterLayer object. The idea of code is persp(r, col = terrain.color(n)),
where r is class "raster".

Thanks all!

OV