On 01/03/12 10:27, Elaine Kuo wrote:
Hello Rolf,

Thank you for the response.

I tried your command but it did not work.
 plot(1:10,ylab="y",xlab=expression(plain(km)^2))

Please kindly advise any other method to make "2" in km2 become a uppercase number.
Thanks again.

The expression ``uppercase number'' makes no sense.

    DO YOU MEAN ``superscript''?

If so, say so. I.e. use the correct terminology or no-one can help you.

Anyway the command works for me. I.e. it gives me the "2" as a ***superscript***.

If you indeed want a superscript, then you must be doing something strange, or there is
something strange about your setup.

Can you tell/show me *exactly* what you did?

If you don't want a superscript please make it clear what you *do* want.
As I said "uppercase number" makes no sense at all.

    cheers,

        Rolf