On 03/06/2012 07:09 PM, R_beginner_starter wrote:
Thanks a lot, Jim.
Do you mind to post out the complete content of your R script suggested?

I got add in your R code in my existing R script.
It shown the following error message:
Error in rbind(br[, 2] + 1, br[, 4]) : object 'br' not found

Hi R_beginner_starter,
As I mentioned, "br" was your data frame. Unless you actually called it "br", it won't be there. So, in three easy steps:

# read in the data that you included in your original message
# now I know that the file probably isn't named R_beginner_starter.dat
# but because I don't know what it is named, you will have to change
# the first line below to what the file really is named
br<-read.table("R_beginner_starter.dat",header=TRUE,sep="\t")
# I have made the assumption that the data was a faithful
# representation of what is in your data file. If it is, you should
# now have a data frame named "br" in your R workspace
# Ask what the names of the elements of that data frame are
> names(br)
[1] "Number.of.Z"     "Number.of.Data1" "Data1.."         "Number.of.Data2"
[5] "Data2.."
# okay, it looks like element numbers 2 and 4 are the ones you want
# to use in your plot. The last step is:
library(plotrix)
barp(t(br[,c(2,4)]))

I get the plot with two big bars on the left and pretty much nothing else. If you would like to try the other plot, it should also work.

Jim