Hello,

I have a program that consists of a loop fitting a function over many models.
Sometimes the fitting on a particular model takes minutes to converge.  Is
there a way that I can limit the amount of time that R spends on a given model:

say if my line is:

fittingFunction( func, model.1)

can I have some function:

stopIfUnderTime(  fittingFunction( func, model.1) , 5 )

where stopIfUnderTime will return the result if it finishes under 5 seconds, or
NA otherwise.

Is there anything like this?  (just looked through the web but did not find
anything)

Thanks,
Ramiro