first problem: the "blank" space in first position in the first line. Try
removing it, so that the file looks like this:

"1","2","3","4"
"1",484,43,67,54
"2",54,35,67,34
"3",69,76,78,55
"4",67,86,44,34

Second: your colnames and rownames are numeric; R recognizes it but puts an
X (but it recognizes the rownames and puts them correctly!). To see it try:

test.csv:

"23","3","33","31"
"25",484,43,67,54
"54",54,35,67,34
"43",69,76,78,55
"34",67,86,44,34

> test <- read.table("test.csv", sep=",", header=T)

Then you can remove the X in the colnames: