On Mar 23, 2012, at 8:47 AM, jason wrote:

When I type library() to see what is installed the following list in RED
comes up.

Packages in library '/home/jason/R/i686-pc-linux-gnu-library/2.13':

This suggests you are using an old copy of R. Many time the current repository will only be serving packages for the current version of R and you will need to locate an archived package if you are for some reason reluctant to upgrade.

abind                   Combine multi-dimensional arrays
aplpack                 Another Plot PACKage: stem.leaf, bagplot,

snipped useless list. It doesn't matter much what packages you have installed as far as what appears on that pick-list, although I do see upon updating package::forecast that it also installed Rcpp_0.9.10.tgz' and RcppArmadillo_0.2.36.tgz'

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

When I type install.packages(), select the mirror, the following list of packages appears but the package FORECAST is not listed.... Please see
attchament http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4498680/08.png

Well, it would not have been spelled that way, but it's either not in that repository (which you didn't tell us) or it's not available for your R version and OS combination (which I guess you did tell us.)

--
David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT