As a medical researcher, I keep tabs on the journals Bioinformatics andd BMC
Bioinformatics. If your package is for "'omics", those are good journals to
look at.
Mark

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 10:02 AM, Peter Dalgaard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Gavin Simpson wrote:
> > On Sun, 2008-03-30 at 15:01 +0200, Christophe Genolini wrote:
> >
> >> Hi the list
> >>
> >> I made up a new statistical procedure. I will publish it in a medical
> >> journal, but there will be only the way of using it, no calculation or
> >> algorithme detail.
> >> So is there a journal (I mean scientific journal) with selection
> commity
> >> to submit an article describing the detail of a package?
> >>

> > There may be others, perhaps dedicated to a particular area of study
> > (e.g. Computers and Geosciences, and Ecological Modelling might be
> > appropriate places for the broad area of environmetrics), but the
> > Journal of Statistical Software is an obvious choice for what you
> > describe.
> >
> > www.jstatsoft.org
> >
> > HTH

> Also, let me remind you and others that R News is also peer reviewed
> (although not yet indexed).
> It specifically includes solicits short to medium length articles of the
> following kinds
>
>    * Changes in R: new features of the latest release
>    * Changes on CRAN: new add-on packages, manuals, binary
>      distributions, mirrors,...
>    * Add-on packages: short introductions to or reviews of R extension
>      packages
>    * Programmer's Niche: nifty hints for programming in R (or S)
>    * Hints for newcomers: Explaining sides of R that might not be so
>      obvious from reading the manuals and FAQs.
>    * Applications: Examples of analyzing data with R
>
> Lengthier papers are probably better placed in the JSS, JCGS
> (J.Computational and Graphical Statistics), or CSDA (Computational
> Statistics and Data Analysis), depending on contents. For in-depth
> descriptions of packages, JSS has become quite popular in recent years
>
>    -pd
>    (Current associate editor for R News, past AE for JSS)
>
> --
>   O__  ---- Peter Dalgaard             Ă˜ster Farimagsgade 5, Entr.B
>  c/ /'_ --- Dept. of Biostatistics     PO Box 2099, 1014 Cph. K
>  (*) \(*) -- University of Copenhagen   Denmark      Ph:  (+45) 35327918
> ~~~~~~~~~~ - ([EMAIL PROTECTED])              FAX: (+45) 35327907

Mark W. Kimpel MD ** Neuroinformatics ** Dept. of Psychiatry
Indiana University School of Medicine

15032 Hunter Court, Westfield, IN 46074

(317) 490-5129 Work, & Mobile & VoiceMail
(317) 663-0513 Home (no voice mail please)