I am writing several webpages using the brew package and R2HTML. I would like to work off one script so I am using nested brew calls. The documentation for brew states that:

"NOTE: brew calls can be nested and rely on placing a function named ’.brew.cat’ in the environment in which it is passed. Each time brew is called, a check for the existence of this function is made. If it exists, then it is replaced with a new copy that is lexically scoped to the current brew frame. Once the brew call is done, the function is replaced with the previous function. The function is finally removed from the environment once all brew calls return."

I'm afraid I can't quite figure out what it is I'm supposed to do here. I've tried loading the brew library within the script which I pass to brew, and I've tried defining brew cat like this:

.brew.cat=function(){}

This generates the following error message:

Error in .brew.cat(26, 28) : unused argument(s) (26, 28)

I think perhaps it is more likely that I need to insert into the script the actual content of .brew.cat, but I can't seem to get R to tell me what it is and Googling throws up a lot of stuff about beer and not much else (drew a blank also from RSiteSearch("Nested brew"))

Any help gratefully received.

Chris Beeley
Institute of Mental Health, UK