I am wondering if it possible to normalize the slope of a linear regression to
its intercept to allow for valid between-group comparisons.

Here is the scenario:

I need to compare the slopes of biomass increase among NAFO divisions of
Northwest Atlantic cod. However, the initial division biomass is a confounding
factor that may influence the slope of the regression model. How can I
normalize the slope to the initial biomass of a given division (e.g. 2J3KL)?
Normalizing will allow me to compare the slope of one division to another (e.g.
3NO) with respect to distance between the divisions without the confounding
effect of division size.

Thanks
Adam Harding

--