On 09/04/2012 18:52, Bert Gunter wrote:
On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 9:27 AM, Bazman76<h_a_patie...@hotmail.com>  wrote:
Yes I agree, there may be something pathalogical in the way at least one of
the models handles the data.  That's why I was trying to get a better handle
on how the two functions spec.prgm() and spec.ar() work.

The data has been processed by a wavelet analysis, so what you are seeing as
the "raw" data is in fact the level1 details from the wavelet anlaysis.

In theory this should only have high frequency components, that was why I am
so surpirsed to see such strong components at low frequencies.

That is not a R quesiton per se, but surely how spec.prgm() and spec.ar()
work is?

Not necessarily, if they are e.g. C or Fortran programs merely called
by R. Indeed, even if written in R, if the algorithms are the issue,
then that is essentially a statistics/numerical analysis matter, not
an R programming one.

Which is why the help pages often (and do here) have definitive references. So the best course of action is to start following up the references.

--
Brian D. Ripley,                  rip...@stats.ox.ac.uk