On Apr 12, 2012, at 5:18 AM, Yellow wrote:

I was working with some excel files with a lot of data.
And by hand it is impossible to handle them.
So they are now converted to .csv.

With headers above the columns, like:
Data1, Data2, Data3

But now I needed to calculate the log2 value of Data1 and place the result
under Data2.
I can't find how to do that.

First you need to explain more clearly what you mean by "place the result under Data2". Is this a display concern? Or are you trying to interleave rows of original data and logged data using a column organization? Why only Data2? What should go in the rows for Data1 and Data3? ? What is the goal of this effort?

Does anyone else know?

I have the log2 values, but how do I get then inside the .csv file under
Data2?

Post some sample code that constructs the data.frames and the code you used.

I already tried write.table(), buy that wasn't it.
And I am kinda stuck on this now.....

--
David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT