Very interesting book!
However, it doesn't cover multivariate models (I have 9 moderately
correlated, categorical dependent variables).

Again, I'm trying to find out whether 5 time-varying variables
(dichotomous; five different life events "yes"/"no"; subjects can have
several life events at the same time) cause differential profiles of my 9
depression variables in a longitudinal sample, controlling for
time-invariant covariates - exploratory.

Is this possible in R? If so, how? I thought about multilevel multivariate
mixed-effects models (random effect = subjects), but hardly find literature
for R.

Thanks a bunch!
Eiko

I recommend looking at chapter 6 of Paul Allison's *Fixed Effects