I have presence/absence data in the following format:

        1       2       3       4       5       6       7       8       9
10      11      12
1       1       1       1       1       1       1       1       1       1
1       1       0
2       1       1       1       1       0       1       1       1       1
1       1       0
3       1       1       1       1       1       1       1       1       1
1       0       1
4       1       1       1       1       1       0       1       1       1
1       0       1
5       1       1       1       1       1       1       1       0       0
1       1       1
6       1       1       1       0       0       1       0       0       1
1       1       1
7       1       1       1       1       0       1       1       0       0
0       1       1
8       1       1       1       1       1       1       1       0       0
0       1       0
9       1       1       1       1       0       0       1       0       0
0       1       1
10      1       1       1       1       1       1       1       0       0
0       0       1
11      1       1       1       1       1       1       1       1       1
0       0       1
12      1       1       1       1       1       0       0       0       1
1       1       1

Which I want to use to create a ppp object in spatstat. I tried:

> X <- as.ppp(Lv2.8, owin(c(0, 12), c(0,12)))

and got

> plot(X)
       0        1
0.000000 1.187939

http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4562047/attempt1_ppp.jpg

Which obviously isn't what I'm after. To obtain a simple graphic of where
points are present on the plot, should I convert the raw data to
non-numerical values?
 Thanks,
Tom